Monday 17 August 2009

After the fires: there's life in Kinglake yet.

I don't know about you, Networkers, but when I am very ill I am quite inward looking. One of the first signs that I know I am making a good recovery is that I start to look outside myself; I notice what is going on around me in the world.

I think Kinglake is looking like a darn healthy community making a great recovery from the devastation and loss - human, animal, property - after the February fires.
According to campaigner extraordinaire, Cam Walker, from Friends of the Earth Melbourne, the residents were out there campaigning for what remains of their forest.

Congratulations, Kinglake. Glad to see your faces. What spirit! I don't for one minute doubt that you will triumph in your cause.
MissEagle
racism-free
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. The Kinglake forest is very robust, things grow very well. The soil is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not take Anonymous comments. Experience shows that comments cluttered with "Anonymous" are boring and people don't know whether "Anonymous" is one person or many. This is not a decision about freedom of speech. It is a decision about boring or unwillingness to be known by even a pseudonym.

Total Pageviews