Tuesday 28 September 2010

Just a word: blogulosity


I love to find fabulous new words and to-day I have discovered one, courtesy of that linguistic maestro Stephen Fry. I have tried to find a definition for blogulosity by way of a Google search, but to no avail.  Here is the context in which the illustrious Mister Fry uses it:

So here is the first of a series of blogulosities in which I try and share a personal delight.

I have discovered though that this word might not have originated with Stephen Fry.  There appear to be a few blog entries ahead of his usage including this one.

But I love the word.  Say it out loud.  Let it roll off your tongue. First the explosive consonant "b", the two palatal consonants "l", the sibilant "s", finished with a satisfying tip palatal "t".  It is music.  
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not take Anonymous comments. Experience shows that comments cluttered with "Anonymous" are boring and people don't know whether "Anonymous" is one person or many. This is not a decision about freedom of speech. It is a decision about boring or unwillingness to be known by even a pseudonym.

Total Pageviews