- the proposed cap being seriously inadequate and providing less protection than the cap required by EPA for a normal municipal landfill;
- the concerns of the community about the potential health impacts;
- the community’s and environment’s need for protection from further leakage;
- the availability of considerably better and more robust capping systems than the third-rate cap currently proposed; and
- the Government’s commitment to environmental safety and responsibility
·anand that they want Parliament to ensure that TPI Cleanaway’s hazardous waste landfill is safely and effectively rehabilitated by the installation of a best practice cap to reduce the leachate occurring at the site and to protect community health.
GO HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE PETITION.
PLEASE CIRCULATE AND RETURN
TO THE ADDRESS ON THE PETITION.