Friday 6 September 2013

Vale Elisabeth Wynhausen - professional journalist and the blogger, Betty of Bondi


Wendy Bacon has reported on Facebook 
the death of the prominent journalist Elisabeth Wynhausen.


Back in 2008, Elisabeth Wynhausen did a story for The Oz on goings on in the Murray River town of Robinvale.  I publish below that story.  The locals tell me that things have not changed much at all since Elisabeth wrote that story.

I loved Elisabeth's recent blogging foray which she wrote as Betty from Bondi.  I love the eastern suburbs of Sydney and when I lived there was a regular at Bondi from my studio in Elizabeth Bay.  The colour she brought to these posts of local life in a locale she loved and was part of was wonderful and displayed a beautiful spirit.  Some months ago, I emailed Elisabeth because the blog had not been updated. I received no reply.  I assumed that things were not good. Seems I was right.  

Elisabeth Wynhausen was a professional at her work and a delight in her assessments of the human race and its varying conditions.

~~~~~~~~







No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not take Anonymous comments. Experience shows that comments cluttered with "Anonymous" are boring and people don't know whether "Anonymous" is one person or many. This is not a decision about freedom of speech. It is a decision about boring or unwillingness to be known by even a pseudonym.

Total Pageviews