Friday, 6 September 2013

Vale Elisabeth Wynhausen - professional journalist and the blogger, Betty of Bondi


Wendy Bacon has reported on Facebook 
the death of the prominent journalist Elisabeth Wynhausen.


Back in 2008, Elisabeth Wynhausen did a story for The Oz on goings on in the Murray River town of Robinvale.  I publish below that story.  The locals tell me that things have not changed much at all since Elisabeth wrote that story.

I loved Elisabeth's recent blogging foray which she wrote as Betty from Bondi.  I love the eastern suburbs of Sydney and when I lived there was a regular at Bondi from my studio in Elizabeth Bay.  The colour she brought to these posts of local life in a locale she loved and was part of was wonderful and displayed a beautiful spirit.  Some months ago, I emailed Elisabeth because the blog had not been updated. I received no reply.  I assumed that things were not good. Seems I was right.  

Elisabeth Wynhausen was a professional at her work and a delight in her assessments of the human race and its varying conditions.

~~~~~~~~







Total Pageviews