Monday, 29 April 2013

How do I loathe the IPA? Let me count the ways. With apologies to Elizabeth Barrett Browning


How do I loathe the IPA? Let me count the ways.
I loathe thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling you in sight.
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace,
I know you never understand.
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light, but you the gloom.
I loathe thee freely, as your people strive for The Right;
I loathe thee purely, as Tim Dunlop mans The Drum.
I loathe thee with a passion put to use
Remembering old equalities, and with a community’s faith.
I loathe thee with a loathing I can’t lose
Amid your warped ideal, --- I loathe thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! --- and, if God choose,
I shall but loathe thee better after death.
With apologies to Elizabeth Barrett Browning.

Total Pageviews