Monday 29 April 2013

How do I loathe the IPA? Let me count the ways. With apologies to Elizabeth Barrett Browning


How do I loathe the IPA? Let me count the ways.
I loathe thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling you in sight.
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace,
I know you never understand.
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light, but you the gloom.
I loathe thee freely, as your people strive for The Right;
I loathe thee purely, as Tim Dunlop mans The Drum.
I loathe thee with a passion put to use
Remembering old equalities, and with a community’s faith.
I loathe thee with a loathing I can’t lose
Amid your warped ideal, --- I loathe thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! --- and, if God choose,
I shall but loathe thee better after death.
With apologies to Elizabeth Barrett Browning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not take Anonymous comments. Experience shows that comments cluttered with "Anonymous" are boring and people don't know whether "Anonymous" is one person or many. This is not a decision about freedom of speech. It is a decision about boring or unwillingness to be known by even a pseudonym.

Total Pageviews