Rally: Stand up & be counted on Sovereignty Day.
Invitation to the 40th anniversary of the Aboriginal Tent Embassy.
For more info visit Sovereignty Day.
Festival: Share the Spirit Festival 2012. Celebrating Survival Day.
Indigenous music, dance and culture as part of Melbourne’s official Survival Day celebrations. 1-7pm.
Festival: 2012 Belgrave Survival Day.
This event acknowledges the indigenous perspective on the 230 years of European occupation of Australia, and celebrates the survival of the oldest living culture on the globe through live music, storytelling, traditional dance and craft.
Speakers will include
- Elder Aunty Dot Peters from Healesville,
- Gary Presland and Rodney Augustine from the Save the Kimberley campaign.
- Yung Warriors and Lou Bennett;
- traditional stories by Gnarnayarrahe Waitairie and the Jindi Worobak Dance Troupe;
- Wurundjeri elders will be undertaking a smoking ceremony.
12 noon-4pm. Borthwick Park (next to the Belgrave Pool), Benson St, Belgrave.